Monday, August 6, 2007

Monday Reservations

Well, it's Monday and I initially planned on introducing my Anniversary Juniper to my office today.

However, I have run into a few reservations.

First, when I water my bonsai/fill the pool on the right side of my pot, water drains from a hole underneath the roots - as it should. However, this causes a problem for my desk.

I need something to catch that excess water. The only caveat is that it can't be the usual green plastic dishes most often placed under plants - as that would completely clash with the look and feel of my office.

I'll have to look around more for something that provides a neat-looking solution to this little problem. If not, I might just have to create my own.

Second, as I learn more about the proper care of bonsai, I wonder if the office environment would be an appropriate place for my juniper to live. While I have learned that the juniper bonsai can indeed survive indoors, my question is: will it thrive indoors?

I'm not sure.

As I've also learned, bonsai is an art - not just a plant. So if I am to acquire bonsai as a new hobby, is the office the best place to partake in the activity of bonsai?

Again, I'm not sure.

Perhaps I will try the bonsai at the office for a few days... see how it feels.

No comments: